As a benefit to our SCBCC members we provide MBE certification
Please Read Thoroughly
Under the national standardized guidelines for MBE certification, as established by the SCBCC the following criteria are used to determine minority ownership and control:
- The entity must be a profit enterprise, physically located in the United States or its trust territories.
- The organization must be able to demonstrate that the majority (51%) of the ownership, operational control and managerial control is held by minority group members (Minority group members are U.S. citizens who are African-American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific American and Asian Indian American.)
- The organization must be legally formed as a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation.
- The organization must be independent of any non-minority firm.
Please Read Thoroughly
- All applicants can obtain a copy of the W/MBE application online at www.scbcc.com or they can request a copy to be mailed to them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org This may take up 7-10 business days. It is highly advised that you download this application from the SCBCC website.
- All applicants that choose to mail in their application must include a money order made out to: The Southern Connecticut Black Chamber of Commerce.
- All documents must be completed in its entirety. Please reference to "N/A” reference in any necessary fields.
- All documents if written must be neat and legible. Applications must be completed in BLUE ink.
- All documents must be arranged in the same order as the checklist provided.
- All Applications/ and or supporting documents must be submitted via mail. It is advised that applicants use a shipping method that allows package tracking, such as US mail, FedEx, etc.
- Applications can also be scanned with ALL supporting document and emailed to email@example.com, but will not be issued without original notarized application.
- SCBCC will confirm receipt of application within 24-48hrs via confirmation email.
- Once completed applications have been reviewed, it will be presented to the board for approval.
- Once the board has approved applicants will be notified. Upon approval the board will also schedule a site visit to your place of business.
- Applicants are responsible for picking up their applications. Please arrange pickup by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All application must be mailed to the following address. It is up to the applicant as to what courier service is used.
- If you need assistance completing your application, please contact the SCBCC via mailto email@example.com